Wednesday, May 27, 2009

If Ashton Kutcher can do it.....

Then so can I.

Twitter is amazing. It can bring you everything from what your favorite news channel's producer is having for dinner to the BIG C. Wow. Really?? My jaw dropped while perusing my recent tweets from my Tweeps.

Bill Wixey has WHAT???? Hodgkin's Lymphoma?? How can that be possible? He's young, looks healthy, has a great family, a cool job and seems like an all-around good guy. He is passionate about his work which you can see every time he anchors the news or reports on the latest scam or garage sale deal while keeping our Money Safe

Well, I cannot sit here, blog about it and do nothing more than pray. I truly believe in the power of prayer. I have seen it work miracles. I also truly believe in doing what you think is right. And, this is what I think is right. I lay down the gauntlet and challenge all of my Twitter buddies, bloggers, lovers of news and fans of Bill Wixey to band together. The Wixey Army ready to help Bill battle and win his fight with Hodgkin's.

I have created a fund raising Twitter page so that we can donate to Fight Hodgkin's
Fighthodgkins.org was created to provide information and patient support for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Donations are raised through fundraisers and 100% of proceeds are forwarded to the Lymphoma Fund at MGH Cancer Center.

We will also donate to the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance who are personally helping Bill fight Hodgkin's. A 50/50 split between them. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment