Wednesday, May 27, 2009

If I were in a movie...

The movie would be "Dances With Booze" and I would be named "Stands With Liquor"- hence the name of my blog. I am so firmly entrenched in the cocktail business that when people ask me for a bar rag, I reply, "I AM the Bar Rag... can I get you a towel??"

People ask me why I don't drink what I pour. Well, let me ask you this: If you worked at Pizza Hut, would you want pizza for dinner when you got home?? Hell NO!! I see what the liquor does to people and I smell like a brewery by the time I get home so the LAST thing I want to do is imbibe. Don't get me wrong... there is nothing like a frosty cold "Blue" Piniella (think raspberry slurpee for grown ups) but, just because I stand behind the bar a lot doesn't mean I want to stand in front of it.

So, to my customers.... I adore you and love serving you. BUT... that's where it ends. I will not get off work and have a cocktail with you, I will not meet you at another establishment after we close to drink B-52's with you. I will not attend functions at my work when it isn't on my shift. People die, get married and have babies whether I am behind the bar or not. I enjoy your company and stories while I am there. I love your jokes and camaraderie. People need that in their lives. I have it. It's just NOT at my job.

Now, I am off to smoke tough and have a cold one... on my OWN time....

No comments:

Post a Comment