Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Qwest pisses me off!!

The following letter is my post to PlanetFeedback.com regarding Qwest and their remedial tech department and their half-witted billing/DSL Loyalty depts. So far, I have my LD back, but am STILL waiting for a modem that could have been WALKED over from the CO by now...
All the products mentioned below USED to be bundled with my account until they screwed it up so much.... I just want to be back to "normal" again. WTF Qwest??? Give them a few days, my @$$!! You suck canal water, douche waffles. Without further ado, here is my bitch:

I moved from my previous address on Sept of '09. It's appx 1/2 mile from my previous residence. I had my service installed at the new house on Sept. 10. I have not had proper service since then. I have had 6 techs, numerous phone calls to have them fix this problem to no avail. My DSL keeps dropping at random. The first tech said I might be a little far away from the main office and he "dropped" my speed, against my EXPRESS wishes that he NOT do it, from the 1.5 I signed up for to 640K, yet I still paid the same price. After that, it still dropped at random. Another tech came out, installed a filter to the box on the house, took out ALL phone lines but one, mind you, he did this without asking us. Just told us he did it afterward. So, now we can't have a phone in any other room but the kitchen. he then had my speed dropped again, AGAINST MY WISHES, to 256K while still paying for 1.5M. SPEED IS NOT THE ISSUE!! Had it been the issue the problem would have been fixed at the first "unrequested" drop. I just got off the phone with a DSL tech. It's after 2 AM PST. I am on the phone 2-3 times a day with Qwest tech, yet you continue to bill me for service you DO NOT provide. Also, a few months back, I noticed some billing issues. When I called to ask why my PRICE FOR LIFE GUARANTEE was not being honored, I was told that it "expired"?? EXCUSE ME??? PRICE FOR LIFE!!!!!!! NOT PRICE FOR 5 YEARS. That issue was supposedly fixed until I got my next bill. When, AGAIN, inquiring as to why my bill was so high I was told, "Well, since you upgraded to the iMac service...." WTH??????? I don't own a Mac so there was no way in ___ I would EVER order that. So, once again, my bill was adjusted. I have wasted approximately 2 months of my time either on the phone with tech support, billing or waiting for a tech. I don't mean I have been calling for the last couple of months, I mean that Qwest has wasted ! appx 1240 HOURS of my time since Sept of '08, calling and waiting for you to fix an issue that is CLEARLY a Qwest issue. The techs tell me that themselves. It's not on my end. I have had techs do absolutely nothing but show up at my door, mutter something about swapping cards out at the main office and LEAVE!!! Without even coming in to investigate. For that I had to take the morning off of work, UNPAID, which costs money- money we need to feed our children. I have spent COUNTLESS hours on hold, dealing with tech support, billing, etc. all to no avail. On the previous call I made today BEFORE the 2 AM call ( so that's twice in one day with appx 4 hrs spent on the phone)I was told that my service has been dropped/disconnected/attempt to reconnect almost 10,000 times. That is NOT a typo. 10,000 TIMES!!!!!!! Yet, you want me to pay for your "service". I have yet ANOTHER tech coming at 3PM, most likely, do absolutely NOTHING but waste more of my time. I cannot even use the phone if someone is on the internet because the internet! connection is dropped, 9 out of 10 times, when someone either dials out or calls in. Remember that I JUST stated that a tech installed a hard filter to the box on the outside of the house??? I have DSL!! I should be able to be on the phone while the internet is being used. I also had noticed in the past week that pages were loading very slowly. So I went to the ActionTech modem site today to discover that I had a 64K downstream. That's DIAL UP speed!!! A tech reset something on his end which fixed it-temporarily- because that was NOT the reading the last tech was getting when I spoke with him at 2 AM this morning. At the same time, our phone lines suck, too. Half the time it crackles, breaks up and hisses like a 1950's party line.

I would like Qwest to do the following:
Fix my DSL once and for all and for good. Also know that I will not be paying for service I am not receiving until Qwest has fixed it. Qwest can go into my account and fix the HUGE billing mess your office people keep making. They have it splintered into 3-4 different accounts because they "claim" I owe money.. For what?? For 1240 hours of phone calls and 6 tech guys at my house?? For taking UNPAID time off to wait for them?? For service I don't get??? For changing my speed AGAINST my request to not do so??? I think not. Qwest can eat that, as far as I am concerned. They can just be wiped clean, deleted, adjusted to zero or WHATEVER you have to do to purge them from my billing address/number. They can also re-instate my long distance that they felt needed to be disconnected. You can also replace my modem, which I purchased from Qwest as part of my DSL package. Qwest can also issue me a refund for every dime I have given them since September of '08. And! not with credits applied to my bill, either. A check or direct deposit to my bank is the ONLY satisfactory payment I will accept. DIRECTV service and/or wireless service at no cost for a long while looks like an offer I wouldn't refuse, either. I have gone above and beyond as a Qwest customer, waiting for this issue to be resolved. 2-3 phone calls to DSL techs and/or billing a day is NOT "normal" customer actions. It's also not "normal" for a company that brags so much about customer care to leave a long time customer hanging like this. I am fully prepared to take further legal action, with the blessing of our state's Attorney General and our own attorney. I am also informing a few local consumer reporters from various local news stations in the GREATER Seattle area, which is a BROAD audience, I might add. I am just giving Qwest one LAST opportunity to make right an issue that is CLEARLY NOT the problem of the consumer before I take further step! s. I am relying on the fact that Qwest takes pride in it's customer service and rewards it's long term customer's loyalty.

2 comments:

  1. Hello again, my name is Brian and I am a manager with Qwest Communications. I wanted to reach out to you again, and offer further assistance with your account. I apologize that you've had this experience with us, and would like to help resolve this with you.

    I had previously, on PlanetFeedBack.com, left a comment on your post offering help, but have not heard back from you. If you would like my assistance in resolving your account, I would be happy to help. It is our goal at Qwest to give the best customer service possible, and since it does not appear you have received that level of customer service, I want to correct that with you.

    If you would like my help, please send me an e-mail to TalkToUs@Qwest.com, and put my name in the subject line. If you would, also include your billing number & billing address, and I will be happy to help you with this.

    Again, I apologize for your frustrations, but I look forward to helping you with this.

    Thanks,

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Unless you can ship a modem here in the next two hours, along with a cashiers check for 1200 + hours of my time and billing errors, plus get DirecTV back on in the next half hour and have that camera/text enabled phone in my hand before the business day is out, then I doubt you can help me because that is where I stand with your company right now. I am so furious that those terms are the ONLY terms I will accept. This is NOT open to discussion or negotiation.

    ReplyDelete